Thursday, March 22, 2012

Banana, Heath Bar, Vanilla

Today's ABC was Banana. Heath Bar, and Vanilla.  This combo was the catalyst for my interest in ABCs and the inspiration for this blog.  This ABC came from the Old Saybrook Dairy Queen, and although I was pretty satisfied with the ingredient ratios and mixing (especially this early in the Blizzard season), I will say that the top half was heavier on banana and the Heath Bar chunks had settled to the bottom a bit.

This is an excellent ABC, and I would definitely recommend this to any Blizzard fan. An added bonus is the nutrition of the banana - high in dietary fiber, vitamins C and B6, potassium, and manganese.  The highlight of this one is the combination of textures.  It's a perfect mix of creamy vanilla, smooth banana pieces, and the occasional crunch of the heath bar.  The flavors of the Heath Bar and banana complemented each other nicely and the vanilla really tied the whole thing together.  I have heard that Banana, Heath Bar, and Chocolate is also a good one and I look forward to trying it out.

Rating: 8/10

This being the first review, I reserve the right to chance this rating later.  I will be using this ABC as a basis of comparison for future ratings.




No comments:

Post a Comment