Sunday, April 8, 2012

Old School Blizzard With a New Twist

The Hawaiian Blizzard was my old go to Blizzard when I was on the track team in high school.  I would run to the local Dairy Queen and back to my friend's house after finishing off a Hawaiian Blizzard.  I don't know how I managed to run after eating all that ice cream, but I did and it always seemed to be worth canceling out my work out.

This time I didn't run to the Dairy Queen, but we did go the the same location where I used to purchase my Blizzards years ago.  I remember that I used to think the Classic Hawaiian Blizzard was perfection, but it turns out, if you add Heath Bar it's even better.  The tiny flecks of crunch created from the Heath Bar perfectly balances the chunks of fruit.  I also added caramel this time to the Blizzard, but I think I could do without the extra sweetness on the next try.

Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment